Having a TV in the bedroom has been a topic of various opinions, and will continue to be a topic for much debate.
Some people enjoy being able to watch TV in the comfort of their bed. They enjoy curling up and watching a good movie, or watching a sports game in bed. This can come in very handy if you’re booked off sick for a few days. It’s more comfortable than trying to lie down on the couch and watch TV.
However, there are many people against having a TV set in the bedroom. They feel that a bedroom should be completely calming and relaxing, and that a television is distracting.
Having television in your bedroom is a personal choice. In the debate against having one in this room or not, there tend to be more people in favour of not having a TV in the bedroom. And, here’s why:
- Removing or not having a TV set in your bedroom will allow for better sleep. Even if you don’t plan on watching TV, the temptation is still there.
- Watching TV just before you go to bed can lead to insomnia, or a restless night. Your brain is stimulated, and it may take a while before you are able to fall asleep.
- It’s the last thing you see at night, and often one of the first things you think about as soon as you wake up. That is depending on what type of movie, show or sports event you were watching right before you turned out the lights.
- It cuts down on communication between couples at night time. Instead of talking about the day, couples are zoned into what’s happening on TV, forgetting about their partner.
- Having a TV in the bedroom also cuts down on couples being intimate. The focus is on whatever is happening on the screen, instead of with each other.
- A TV set – even one that’s hidden or wall mounted, tends to be considered by most as additional clutter in the bedroom. This is not ideal if you consider your bedroom to be your sanctuary.
- Televisions tend to attract dust. Your bedroom probably already has enough of this on the carpets and on window sills, without adding television dust as well.
- You might spend more time getting ready in the morning while watching the news or the weather on TV. This could become a problem at work if you continuously arrive late.
- Reading before bed has been known to help with sleeping. When you have a TV set in your bedroom, the chances of reading become slim, and you’re more likely to lie awake late into the night catching up on your favourite shows or series.
- By not having a television set in your bedroom, you could be saving an extra few hours of electricity per night.
- You lose valuable time with those precious in your life when you choose to watch TV in the bedroom instead of focusing your time on them, be it your partner or your children.
if you have a new TV you want to set up in your house or you are having trouble with your TV set please do not hesitate to contact us. We have team of fully qualified engineer and they will be happy to help you http://www.tvrepairlondon.co.uk/services/.